Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pinwheel Quilt... Done!

Surprisingly, a day after finishing my scrappy socks, I finished my pinwheel quilt.


















I say "surprisingly" because I had planned to add a wider border to the blue border - which would have necessitated hours (if not days) of additional work. But when I added the small blue border, my immediate reaction was: That's enough! Anything more might detract from the central design... the pinwheels. So I simply added binding and it was... done!















I usually have extra fabric left over from every quilt - but I used up all the blue (border and binding) fabric, and - in fact - had to improvise with the last strip, adding another fabric to make the last strip wide enough. The dark blue is hidden inside the binding.


















This tiny piece, about an inch square, is all of the blue fabric that is left.

No comments:

Post a Comment