Saturday, December 24, 2011

Making Christmas

Not long ago, my daughter called from Toronto to discuss her Christmas plans.

Is the tree up yet? she asked wistfully. This evening, walking down the street, I noticed trees lit up inside houses. It made me want to be home.

The tree will be up when you get home, I promised her.

Her words reminded me that - just as Christmas is a date, it is also a spirit... a spirit of love and well-being. The lights of the tree in a home make me think of comfort and coziness, being loved and surprised by family and friends - and blessed by God.

I aspire to make my home a comfortable, loving place all year long.


















But the lights of the Christmas tree - that I carefully set up before my daughter arrives home - remind me that even peace and love - comfort and light - don't just "happen."


















Sometimes they require a little extra work!

No comments:

Post a Comment