Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Knitting Baby Socks

Whenever I knit a pair of socks for myself, there is always some yarn left over.














Sometimes I combine the leftover yarn from several pair into a new adult-size pair.














At other times, I make baby socks.














The pattern I use is from a Martha Stewart website - and has instructions for a woman's size sock and a large Christmas stocking as well. I've made the woman's socks but I've never tried the Christmas stocking - which would be made with thicker yarn.

One of the nice things about making baby socks is that they do go rather quickly. I could probably do a pair in an afternoon or evening.

There are currently no babies - born or expected - in our family... But they do make nice gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment