Saturday, December 3, 2011

December Gardening

I don't think I've ever gardened in December before! But the sun was shining... I just had to get out.

Enjoy your last gardening day, Terry called after me. I was heading out to cut down a few remaining dead fall perennials. It was really a make-work project - an excuse to be out in the yard...














I wandered around in the cold air, picking up a few pine cones that were on the grass... The air was chilly ... This was definitely not as much fun as I had hoped!














But I did manage to trim back a few bunches of flowers and put them on the compost heap.

I lasted 15 minutes before coming indoors. Yes, December 1st probably was my final gardening day for 2011. Now I'm finally ready to let it go till spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment