Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Knitting a Blanket... (Or Shawl?)

I have begun knitting a blanket... Or maybe it will simply be a shawl... (It really depends on how far my yarn will take me!)

I recently saw a lovely knit baby blanket on a blog I often read. The pattern seemed easy:

Cast on 5 stitches and knit in garter stitch (knitting - not purling - every row.) Increase one stitch at both ends on every other row. When half your yarn is used up, decrease one stitch at both ends of every other row. When you are back to only 5 stitches on the needle, cast off. You're done!


I immediately went to my yarn box to hunt for yarn. I wanted to try the pattern and make one like it - only bigger... Afghan size, perhaps...














I discovered several balls of a mohair and acrylic blend that may have been my mother's... I don't remember buying it - and the colors don't look like something my daughter would pick...

Why not give it a try?















I don't know how big it will end up being
, I mentioned to a friend...

Well, if it isn't enough for a blanket, it would make a very nice, soft shawl, she replied...

So I'm simply knitting- and when I get to the end of my yarn, I'll find out what it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment