Thursday, December 8, 2011

Carrot Soup

I enjoy the simplicity of a soup meal.














Recently I discovered an delicious carrot soup recipe on the cookbook of the South Dakota diabetes control website: Puree of Carrot Soup. I highly recommend it!

When it first read the recipe, it sounded too simple... Would it taste good? And it was quick: in half an hour the soup was on the table!

Here's the recipe: Puree of Carrot Soup

1. Heat a 5 cups of broth. Add one clove of crushed garlic to the broth.

(The first time I made the recipe, I used a can of Campbell's concentrated vegetable broth plus enough water to make 5 cups. The second time, I used homemade broth with a large onion added for extra flavor. I preferred the first.)


















2. While the broth is heating, peel 3 large carrots ( they weigh about one pound). Chop the carrots and add to the broth.

3. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.














4. Puree - I used my hand-held BLENDER.














QUICK, EASY, DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment