Sunday, December 11, 2011

Catching Up With Kathleen Norris

I have been mentored by many Christian writers over the years - individuals who shared their personal struggles in books that comforted me. The first was Catherine Marshall, whose books reassured me - when I was in my 20s - that there was a place in the church for me.

Over the years, there have been many other writer mentors... (Some day I may attempt to list them all...)














The most recent has been Kathleen Norris, a poet and Benedictine Oblate, whose books (The Cloister Walk, Dakota, Amazing Grace) are my current daily read.

What is she doing these days? I wondered recently... and (thanks to the internet) I found this update.

It's always good to hear how "friends" are doing - even if they are mentors I have never personally met!

No comments:

Post a Comment