Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Tulips and Other Spring Flowers

This is the last weekend of Ottawa's Tulip Festival, but judging from my tulips, the city's tulip beds should still be lovely for another week or so.














With spring's late arrival - and rain the past two weeks - last year's April flowers are this year blooming in May.














The rain has made everything else grow too, so some of our tulips are dwarfed by the foliage around them!














I enjoy white flowers against a green backdrop, and tulips are no exception. Other new bloomers in my garden are white anemones...














Red bleeding heart...














They really do look like little hearts!!














(But why "bleeding"?)














I think these blue flowers are forget-me-nots...














Do they also come in white?! If not, maybe some sweet woodruff is growing in with the blue forget-me-nots. (But they do look lovely together!)

No comments:

Post a Comment