Monday, May 23, 2011

Turning T-Shirts Into Shopping Bags

I recently came across a Martha Stewart craft idea for turning T-shirts into cloth shopping bags. Just the kind of project I needed for two stained T-shirts my son wore while working on a construction crew a few summers ago...














The shirts are still in good condition - but they look awful. (He even cut the sleeves off this one.) But they would still work as shopping bags!


















Since T-shirts are stretchy, perhaps I should double them, putting one shirt inside the other as "lining," like my daughter did with this shopping bag she made me...


















There, it's done! ... Not as attractive as the one my daughter made... (with longer handles than the one in Martha's pattern...) But a useful cloth shopping bag, nonetheless...


















... in size LARGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment