Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cutting the Layer Cake... Quilt

The weather has been rainy...














What better way to cheer myself up, than to start on the "layer cake" fabric?!














I've created some four-patch squares...














First I pressed light-colored squares in half. Using the crease as a line, I joined the folded squares to dark-colored squares, sewing to the left and right of the crease...














After cutting the two new squares apart, on the crease, I repeated the same thing, pressing and sewing the new two-color squares together. After cutting each apart, I now have squares made up of four colors. (The first two completed are pictured above.)














I'm really happy that the points in the center seem right on. Now for the next step... Should I join them with a border? (I'm still thinking about my options!)

No comments:

Post a Comment