Monday, April 25, 2011

My Mother's Secrets for Good Health

My 91-year-old mother has several secrets for good health.

The first is to keep active - which is why she counts her steps with a pedometer - aiming to reach five to ten thousand a day, even with her walker!














The second is based on the old adage: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. She makes sure to eat one apple. This past year, apples have become too hard to chew with her dentures - so she eats a bowl of applesauce, at lunch or supper!

The third is one I've reprimanded her for recently. But it turns out I'm wrong.














She insists on drinking 8 to 12 glasses of water a day. The problem is that it keeps from going on field trips with others in her residence: She's afraid to go away unless she is in easy reach of a bathroom.

So don't drink any water for two hours before you leave, I suggest. But she's a creature of habit.

When a doctor commented that her kidney function is better than his and mine combined - I had to admit that she must be doing some things right!

1 comment:

  1. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.


    Good Health

    ReplyDelete