Friday, April 29, 2011

An Experiment in Fake Mending!

I was ironing one of Terry's favorite shirts, when I noticed...














... a little wear here on the collar.

The gray fabric has worn through, exposing the white interfacing. I often mend clothes that have a small tear but are otherwise perfectly fine. But this collar would be impossible to mend.

What to do?!

Hmmm. Maybe I can color the white so that it won't be so noticeable - after all, there is no fraying!














I hunt through my markers and choose the gray...















Oops!
A little too dark!

Is it visible from a distance?... I wonder if Terry will notice!














Is that better than it was before?

(Almost a good idea!)

1 comment:

  1. What our frugal forbears often did was take the collar off, and reverse it and put it back, so the worn part is now hidden in the fold, and the unworn part is against the neck. A lot of work, but then, they were also the ones who took the 'unworn' parts of garments and used them to make quilts.

    ReplyDelete