Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Crocheting Injury

I haven't been crocheting for a month or so... Half way through my fourth afghan of the winter, my wrist started to hurt... I wonder if the repetition of double crochet stitches (an hour or so at a time) was too stressful for it.














I was disappointed, as I had just found some more leftover yarn in the basement.














But my rule is to listen to pain.

Why not use a wrist support with a metal bar in it?
my friend Kendra (a fellow crafter and occupational therapist) suggested...














So I bought one...














As I try it on and move my hand, I wish that rather than "Trainer's Choice" it said "Crafter's Choice"!














I'm not sure this one will allow the movement I need to do double crochet stitches!

2 comments:

  1. Try holding your hook differently - instead of like a pencil, try holding it like a baby holds a spoon - the way people do for afghan stitch. It means a lot more movement in the elbow and shoulder, but if you can alternate them . . . I often do.

    ReplyDelete