Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Lenten "Discipline"

I don't make Lenten promises - I'm not good with "discipline." But a few weeks ago, I came across several readings that have caused me to pause and reflect...

From a book entitled God Calling, they encourage me to slow down and listen as I pray.















Take time for prayer. Take more time to be alone with Me. So only will you prosper...Seek sometimes not even to hear Me. Seek a silence of spirit understanding...















Times of prayer are times of growth... Remember that from the point of view of the Great Worker, one poor tool working all the time, but doing bad work, is of small value compared with the sharp, keen, perfect instrument, used only a short time but which turns out perfect work...

Reflecting on these thoughts has become my Lenten "discipline."

No comments:

Post a Comment