Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Peach Cobbler Plus...

Digging through the freezer, I found a package of frozen peaches, put there, no doubt, when too many were ripening at the same time.

Time for peach cobbler!














I used the recipe for "Cottage Pudding" from my 11th edition 1965 Fanny Farmer Cookbook...

I mixed together:
  • 1 1/2 cups of flour (making some optional substitutions* below)
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1/2 a cup of sugar
  • a generous dash of cinnamon

*I did substitute one tablespoon each of psyllium, wheat germ, and soy flour for 3 tablespoons of the white flour. Then I added a serious dash of cinnamon to hide the "healthy" look! (Terry prefers unadulterated white flour!)

Then
  • I melted 3 tablespoons of butter in a glass measuring cup
  • Added enough milk to make a cup.
  • Then I beat one egg and added it to the liquids.
Finally I added the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mixed it well.

After heating the peaches in the microwave oven, I topped them with batter.














Knowing I would have some batter left over, I put about half of it in a small greased pan and added sliced apples in rows (My grandmother used to do something similar). Then I added a sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon to both.














Then I baked both at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes...














The results were delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment