Monday, January 17, 2011

I Love You... Tube!

I love You Tube - not only for the variety of music I can access there, but also for its many teaching "how-to" videos uploaded and shared on You Tube. Just as my parents would turn to their trusty encyclopedia to learn more about something, I turn to the internet - often to You Tube!

A recent example occurred over Christmas when my daughter laughingly told me about an old song she had heard. It went something like... Enjoy Yourself! It's Later than You think... I went to You Tube and introduced her to the music of Guy Lombardo, a popular star of my mother's generation... !

Listening to that song brought back memories of other songs from my childhood: I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts in the original - or the Sesame Street version! And The Too Fat Polka! Where else could I find that music today?!

Another reason I love You Tube is that I can access how-to videos on a variety of topics, such as...

Cooking: I referred to one on a blog about making spinach pies.

Quilting: I passed this lesson on to a friend who wanted to learn how to hand quilt.

Threading: When I heard that some cultures remove facial hair using thread instead of tweezers, I found a You Tube video showing me how!

All this stored information - available instantly through the internet... at the touch of my computer keyboard!

A kind of online talking encyclopedia...

Love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment