Thursday, January 27, 2011

Online Tool For Amateur Meteorologists...

One of the few principles I remember learning in the book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People is: Don't worry about things you have no control over.

Which is why I rarely check the weather - unless I have to go somewhere and I need to plan what to wear. (My logic: I can't control the weather, but I can control how I adapt to it!)

Terry, on the other hand, is an avid weather watcher. He is curious, not only about our local forecast, but about weather in places like Nunavut (close to the North Pole) - a region we will probably never visit.

I really don't understand this fascination - but apparently others share his passion... When I casually mentioned it one day to my dentist - I can't remember why - he replied that his wife was addicted to The Weather Network, too!

So for those who (like my husband) are insatiably curious about the weather all over North America - and waste hours on the computer checking it - here is is a tool that will cut your computer time in half, at least (I hope)...

It's a map that gives all the temperatures at all the airports in North America right now, at this moment! No clicking needed - just pass the cursor over the dot and the airport weather pops up.

(Message to my husband: There! You've checked! Can I have the computer now?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment