Saturday, January 29, 2011

And the Problem is....

Every job has its "stories"... (And I smiled when I overheard this one...)

A hotel clerk checked a businessman into the hotel. The man went off to his room, but returned a few minutes later.

There's a problem with that room, he said. I can hear a faint buzzing noise. I know it will bother me and I won't be able to sleep.

The clerk apologized for the problem and assigned him a different room, down the hall from the first.

But again - a few minutes later - the businessman returned with the same complaint. He could hear the buzzing noise in the second room, too.

So the clerk assigned him a room on a different floor.

But again, a few minutes later, the man returned. Storming over to the front desk he complained: There is a buzzing noise in this room too! I can't believe that a hotel of this caliber would have problems like this! I'll never stay here again!

So the manager accompanied the disgruntled guest to the room. And sure enough, he too could hear a soft buzzing noise. So he phoned the hotel engineer to come and fix the problem.

And he did. After listening carefully for a minute, the hotel engineer bent down and said, The noise is coming from your suitcase.

An electric toothbrush in the businessman's suitcase was making the buzzing noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment