Sunday, January 16, 2011

Finding Flowers Indoors














Winter is long for gardeners, itching to be outdoors!















Fortunately I have a few African violets blooming in my sunroom, so I am not totally flower-deprived!














I enjoyed the recent blog post of a fellow gardener, showing flowers in different forms around the house.














So I hunted for forgotten flowers in my home as well!


















I don't have quite as many!


















Though I did find a few framed paintings.


















(These last two were painted by a former student from Afghanistan.)


















The living room has a few...














...like these recently-made flower pillows...














...and this painted table runner...














... and this child's painting.














I discovered some more...














...on several quilts...














...and tiles...














...like this hand-painted name plate that adorned the door of my Israeli apartment.


















Also flowers delicately painted on glass.














Going upstairs, there were flowers on the walls of one bedroom...














... and a Laura Ashley border in another. (I had intended to go to a Laura Ashley store in London, but forgot!)














The third had a cross-stitched rose.


















Another framed cross-stitch picture (purchased in a thrift shop) hangs in the hall.














Amazing how even pictures of flowers can brightening a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment