Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another Afghan DONE!

I have never crocheted as many afghans as I have this winter! (And it's only January!... A few more winter months to go!)

It all started in September with the Mystery Afghan project that got me crocheting again...

Then when four squares didn't seem to fit into that project, I added a border to them, making this afghan...














Then I started to gather up yarn scraps to add to this (still unfinished) afghan...

All the while, I was working on another afghan - one inspired by a free Bernat pattern I saw online. (Not sure why it isn't shown here - but if you sign up for free patterns, you may find it.) ...but which I didn't exactly follow!














Basically it's a granny square first in variegated yarn, surrounded by several rows (still in granny stitch) of one of the solid colors that appears in the variegated. Finally each square is finished of with a row of single crochet in the variegated again - and the squares are joined together. This gives the narrow variegated stripe around each box. I finished off the afghan with two rows of single crochet - one in the variegated, and the second in the plain, to add a narrow border around the whole thing. So here it is - finally done!

(Now all I have left to do is gather up the leftover yarn and add it to my unfinished striped afghan...)

Perhaps this will be my next "project-for-waiting"... that I carry with me to doctor appointments and other places where I expect to have to sit and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment