Friday, August 13, 2010

Fun Projects to Try

I'm trying to finish off a few mending and quilting projects... so I'm wary of trying anything new... (It will probably end up sitting unfinished on a chair too!)














But today I was reading Karyn's blog, where she shows an apron she designed. Though I wish she had shared the pattern, it probably wouldn't be all that hard to create something equally useful - a gardening apron, for example. (I had to make an apron in home economics class in grade 7 so maybe I could figure something out!)

But equally amazing - and timely, now that summer is here - is the technique she describes for creating unique fabric patterns by "smashing" leaf and plant designs into fabric (with a hammer?!) It seems too easy - and too strange to be true... A wonderful project for anyone looking after children for an afternoon - my kids would have loved to pound leaves and flowers with a hammer - to create unique fabric designs!

I love reading blogs that inspire me to try interesting new craft ideas!

1 comment:

  1. You should try it! It is so much fun. I'm sure you have some wonderful things to work with in your garden.

    ReplyDelete