Monday, December 14, 2009

Knitting Again... A Winter Hat

The abundance of snow outside has inspired me to knit again - this time a winter hat. I do have other hats to wear - ones I knit or crocheted in previous years (...and I haven't finished knitting the socks I started a few weeks ago!) But now that the weather is cold and I wear a warm hat whenever I go out, my knitting priorities have changed. A new warm hat now tops the list!

I downloaded the pattern from the Bernat yarn website. It's the Bernat Roving Cable Hat on the top row...



















As usual - I'm changing something... this time the yarn (It was on special at Michael's last week, when I happened to go into the store...)

It's Red Heart Collage yarn (100% acrylic).

I haven't knit cables in a long while, and this one has large cables - but they aren't hard to knit. The yarn is quite chunky, so I hope to have it done soon!

The only down-side of knitting a hat is not knowing how it will look on! If it doesn't suit me, maybe I'll have to open an Etsy store!

No comments:

Post a Comment