Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Am My Brother's Keeper...

Well, I finished reading it - Mitch Albom's book, Have a Little Faith...

(I'm great for starting books - but have a hard time finishing them... In fact, it's one of only two books I managed to start and actually finish reading in the past year... )














About halfway through the book, the story focuses more on a church and shelter called I Am My Brother's Keeper Ministries in Detroit, Michigan. Both the book and Mitch Albom's newspaper articles about homelessness have made many in the Detroit community - and far beyond - aware of this problem and helped this impoverished one-man ministry pay its bills and help the poor.

To me, this shows the power - and potential - of the gift of writing!

(In case you're wondering, the only other book I quickly finished reading was the novel, Water for Elephants - a fascinating tale of circus life in the 1920s. It opened up a whole new world to me! I loved it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment