Wednesday, December 16, 2009

All I want for Christmas is... (Part 1)

What do you want for Christmas?

This question - usually asked by my kids - made me think of all the things that I have that I really enjoy in the kitchen.

So I thought I'd share these favorite things (over the course of the next few days). Maybe among them will be something that you have never thought about getting for someone... or putting on your WISH LIST.

And of course, if you have any FAVORITE GADGETS in your kitchen, I'd love to hear about them too (comments or email).

My first favorite kitchen item is this cooking oil sprayer (Misto). I like the convenience of spraying a cake pan before adding batter - but I hate to buy oil in an aerosol can, because the system uses a propellant that I assume isn't great for the environment...



















This little spray container doesn't need any kind of gas additive. You supply the power!

Simply open it up and pour in your favorite cooking oil - I use olive oil.

The lid is a pump. Push it up and down several times, until it won't move. Then push the spray button to release the oil. If the pressure ends, pump it again.

I found this useful item at a high-end kitchen store a few years ago, but later saw cheaper versions elsewhere. I'm not sure if the more expensive (and heavier) one is better than the others.

Tomorrow... another kitchen favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment