Thursday, April 16, 2009

Raking season has begun ...














Raking season is here! Yesterday I raked a zillion pine cones into a long pile in the ditch - today I have to "bag" them.














(Actually I put them into old plastic garbage bins, as I don't like to waste bags.) We have yard waste pick-up every two weeks from late April till early fall. (In late fall, yard waste pick up is weekly.)

We used to have to rake a lot of leaves, but a very big ice storm 11 years ago damaged a lot of trees in our yard, and they had to be removed. I don't miss the leaf raking, but I do miss the shade in summer when the sun is very hot.

It really doesn't take that long - an hour or so...














There! All done (till a strong wind blows the next batch down!)

No comments:

Post a Comment