Monday, April 20, 2009

Bring On the Coffee!

I have two "addictions" - chocolate and coffee.

Every morning begins with a few cups of hot coffee with lots of warm milk.














This mug is my current favorite. It's comfortable to hold, and doesn't tip easily since the base is larger than the rim. I bought it last summer from a potter at the Carp Farmers' Market - an indoor and outdoor market where craftspeople, bakers and farmers sell their wares Saturday mornings from May through October.

I often get coffee as a gift.














Two of my kids happened to be in New York City in January, on the Presidential Inauguration Day of the 44th US president (Barack Obama) - so they brought me back this special blend, named 44.














I usually create my own blend, mixing medium decaffeinated coffee with a strong-tasting regular coffee (like these Life Brand and Nabob dark roasts.)

My taste for strong coffee dates back to when a student from Colombia gave me some Colombian coffee as a gift. It had a wonderful almost-burnt taste.

A few cups later, I was hooked! Since then, I've tried - in vain - to find coffee that tastes exactly the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment