Monday, April 27, 2009

Inspired Eating

First you eat with your eyes - then with your mouth...

I often think of this Middle Eastern proverb which a former student taught me, especially when I see blogs like Simply Breakast, which my daughter told me about...

So I am trying my hand at photographing this morning's breakfast from above. (Not an easy feat - the photographer in Simply Breakfast must be standing on a chair or a ladder and hovering over the table!) I'm standing on the dining room chair and could easily topple over onto my breakfast!














So here is my own inspired eating today - fruit salad (with yogurt) - multi-grain toast and coffee.

And for those who enjoy recipes, I'll tell you how I made the fruit salad. It was a standard dessert in the days when my kids were young - and I was trying to feel them only "healthy food."
Ingredients:
  • 1 apple
  • 1 pear
  • 1 banana
  • some frozen blueberries or other berries- about 1/2 cup or 250 ml
  • plain yogurt -about 2 cups or 750 ml
  • granola - a few tablespoons

How to do it:
  • Wash or peel - then slice - the fruit . I like to put it in a glass bowl because the fruit is colorful.
  • Add the yogurt, mix and sprinkle with granola.
  • For a slightly sweeter taste, add a tablespoon of maple syrup or jam to the fruit and yogurt before sprinkling the granola on top.
  • Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour.

This will make 4 or 5 servings. It makes a healthy, yummy breakfast, snack or dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment