Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Suddenly... Autumn!

Terry and I took only one trip to Toronto and Guelph this past summer - in August - because of "The Virus" - as my granddaughter calls it. We usually go at least once a month once the snow disappears in spring.

As Labor Day weekend approached, Terry suggested a second trip...

We again took precautions, bringing along our own food and stopping only twice for bathroom breaks, in order to minimize contact with strangers.






But, to our surprise, after three months of record-breaking heat, the day we left, the weather turned cool!

I wasn't prepared and wondered if I'd have to stop to buy warmer clothing en route!

Fortunately, I managed with what I had until we got home...

But as we drove along the back roads past the "Thousand Islands" under grey clouds - we realized that summer was definitely over!

No comments:

Post a Comment