Sunday, September 27, 2020

Prairie Fire Chili Peppers

I used to have a vegetable garden when my children were young. I wanted them to see how food is grown.

I remember growing tomatoes, lettuce, beans and squash. I don't remember if we ever tried growing peppers. I would have expected them to grow on low plants, much like cucumbers...

But maybe I'm wrong...

Recently my daughter-in-law was given a tree with little red peppers on it. They resembled Christmas tree lights. She was told they were edible... but very hot - like Tabasco sauce.

We brought a few of the peppers home for our Ottawa son, who LOVES Tabasco sauce. He agreed that they had a similar taste.

I removed some of the seeds from the tiny peppers in hopes that I'll succeed in growing a Prairie Fire Pepper tree - or two - next spring.

A new gardening challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment