Monday, September 7, 2020

Re-potting House Plants

Every few years, I undertake the mammoth task of re-potting house plants.

I try to do it outdoors before winter .

Some plants, like this palm tree in the window, don't need to be re-potted, but they could use an addition of fresh soil.














These cuttings from the geraniums growing in pots outdoors need to be re-potted.

The problem with creating new plants from cuttings is that afterwards I have more plants than I know what to do with!













Before beginning, I line the plants up in the hall...

















Then I take them outdoors a few at a time...












My biggest problem this year was re-potting two top-heavy aloe vera plants. They kept falling out of the soil. In the end, I put the pot with soil inside a larger container that held up the branches.

Hopefully it will take root and grow.

I'm always glad when the re-potting job is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment