Monday, September 21, 2020

Movie Making... in Almonte

Terry and I recently headed to Almonte, a small town where we often go to walk and enjoy the scenery. It's about 40 minutes away by car, through lovely countryside.

Our normal downtown walk ends up at Baker Bob's bakery on Main Street... (Not a place I should visit too regularly since I'm trying to cut back on carbs!)

We were heading towards the bakery towards the end of our walk, when I noticed a lot of people standing in front of his shop...

Was there a mid-week lineup?

Look at all the people standing around, I said to Terry. If it's too busy, we might not want to go in...




But as we approached, we noticed it wasn't a lineup to go into Baker Bob's - but a movie being shot just outside his door.

The camera and the rest of the crew were wearing face masks...








We sat and watched for a while...












The actors being filmed repeated their scene again and again while the cameras rolled...

A small group of us sat across the street and watched...








It reminded me of movie sets I'd sometimes come across at night in Montreal. They'd often shoot movies in downtown streets at night, when no one was around - under bright lights to simulate daylight.


No comments:

Post a Comment