Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Uncovered Memories...

My mother saved boxes of cards and letters... She loved to re-read them, and remember...

From time to time I dig into them... Like my mother, I'm a bit nostalgic, too. I find them hard to throw out.











I recently came across a file with momentos of my father's funeral... together with a few ancestry details...

My father's father - and paternal grandfather - were both called August Gellert. His father's mother's maiden name was Elizabeth Albrecht.

My father's mother - Helene Hartstock, was born on December 13, 1890. She died in Edmonton, Canada, on February 9, 1979. Her parents' names were Edward Hartstock and Othelia Krause.


I knew her, but I don't think I ever asked her details about her ancestry. (She was hard of hearing and hard to have a conversation with...)

I'm glad my mother noted these ancestry details... It's good to be reminded...

How quickly we forget...


No comments:

Post a Comment