Saturday, August 31, 2019

Black Sweater - Done!

I have been working on this black sweater all summer...

It's black tweed... though it's hard to see much detail in the photo.

After reading about the ergonomics of knitting, I switched back to using metal knitting needles to knit it. The wooden ones I've been using for the past few years were putting a strain on my wrists. They create more "friction" and should only be used with slippery, silky yarns.




When I first started using wooden knitting needles, I heard that the flexibility of wood made wood easier on a knitter's wrists, but that was totally wrong!

I'm so pleased to have been able to knit this whole project without experiencing any wrist pain...

My daughter may want the black sweater. I knit an identical white one that's a bit longer. It's one of my favorite sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment