Wednesday, August 28, 2019

"Historic" Family File

Organizing gurus (like Marie Kondo) say that one should get rid of non-essential papers...

But as I go through the files of papers my mother kept, I do find interesting "historic" documents that most people would have thrown away long ago...

Like this Employment Insurance booklet of my fathers from the 1960's...



Stamps are stuck in it... (showing the weeks he worked?)

That would be an interesting historic artifact to show a class of children now that most records like this are simply stored on a computer!

The teacher in her may have had this in mind, just as the teacher in me recognizes how interesting that would be for children to see!

A link to the past!

Though nobody in our family is presently a teacher, the document is a keeper!

I think I'll put it away in a "Family History" file!

No comments:

Post a Comment