Thursday, August 22, 2019

Enjoying Brockville!

A few weekends ago, Terry and I headed to Brockville with one of our barbecued-rib-loving sons to attend the annual Brockville rib fest.

It's a fund raiser for the local Boys and Girls Club, an organization that we like to support.











(We even bumped into a friend from Ottawa! We're obviously  not the only ones who love ribs!)










After eating, we wandered along the path beside the St. Lawrence River. It was an busy place. It reminded me of my teen years and the boat our family enjoyed on the Okanogan lake.









What kind of boat did Grandpa have? my son asks as we watch boats of various kinds go by.











A fiberglass boat with a steering wheel and a 45 hp motor, I tell him. Nothing fancy - but strong enough to pull my brother and me water-skiing. 

Boating was a favorite summertime family pastime... 






We parked our boat in the Kelowna yacht club all summer, so it was easy to go out in the boat for several hours in the evening. We'd drive over with a picnic supper, then water-ski for a while.

Seeing others boating brings back the memories...





In town, I noticed an interesting flower display in someone's yard: a picture frame propped up to highlight a particularly beautiful... bunch of flowers.

Cute! I've never seen that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment