Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Gardening File

When I first started my front yard flower beds (around 2004), I carefully noted where I planted things.

I also kept track of the names and care instructions of the flowers I bought.

But over the years, some plants grew to take up more space... so I moved them...








Then, for a few years, I couldn't find my gardening notes!

Recently weeding through piles of papers in boxes and filing cabinets, I came across them again!

I don't think some of these plants have survived!





I'm looking forward to updating my gardening files... (next year, perhaps, when I can watch for low-lying plants and see if they have are still growing in the front garden bed).










I wonder how many plants have died - like these two grasses I bought years ago.

They didn't last many years...









In our yard's personal micro-climate, some things do better than others. As a rule of thumb, I don't buy plants a second time - if they didn't survive the first time. I blame the half dozen large pine trees in our yard that have created soil conditions that not all plants can tolerate. But it's probably more complicated than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment