Friday, August 2, 2019

Summer Reading

My summer reading this year is an author I hadn't heard of before going to the convent last month for my icon making course.

Among their small - but interesting - selection of books for sale, I saw a book entitled Wearing God by an author who is about my daughter's age.

Is this book about clothing? I wondered...

It wasn't! But I picked it up to see what someone my daughter's age is writing about her relationship with God.



Googling her name, I came across several other books she has written - so I ordered them online. Her most well-known book is called Still - about a "mid-faith crisis"...

I'm currently reading two at the same time - Still and Wearing God... a chapter of each a day. Still is more of a story, so it goes well with the religious observations found in Wearing God.

I'm looking forward to then reading the two other books I ordered: Girl Meets God and Mudhouse Sabbath.

I have my years of literature courses to account for this habit of trying to read all the books an author has written in one fell swoop - to get a sense of who the writer is.

No comments:

Post a Comment