Saturday, November 17, 2018

Unhelpful Warning

I need reading glasses... so I keep pairs of inexpensive ones scattered around the house - wherever I might need to read something.

Every few weeks, a pair breaks, so I'm often shopping for more...

Recently I headed to my local Michael's store with a discount coupon...

A favorite pair had lost its arm (or "temple")... Time to replenish my supply.





I was heading to the cash with these glasses - which were very similar to others I've bought there...

But these had a warning attached... (Of course, the print was small...)

I asked the young cashier what it meant...





The cashier couldn't tell me.

Go to the website on the tag, she suggested.

As soon as I got home, I did...

Apparently, the frames contain some material (like lead) that could lead to reproductive problems in pregnant women... But important details were missing, like:
Which hazardous product? 
How much did it contain? 
Was it enough to be a serious concern to the general population?

The label didn't say. But apparently California law insists that all products containing hazardous material be labeled.

What I'd like to know is, Do these glasses pose a threat to me or to anyone who touches them...? What about my little granddaughter ...who likes to try on her grandma's glasses...?

I could find no details...

This is definitely an unhelpful warning... It doesn't give me enough information to assess the danger... Just enough to make me wish I hadn't bought the glasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment