Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Multigrain Date (or Raisin) Quickbread

I've reconnected with a recipe I made often before I was diagnosed with high blood sugar... and was told to limit my carbs.

I recently made "Multigrain Date Quickbread." a recipe in Anne Lindsay's Lighthearted Cookbook.

(My favorite of her many cookbooks...)

Here is the recipe online...

I wonder how it would taste made with soy flour and spelt flour (which are higher in protein)

Maybe I'll experiment another time...

My recipe comments indicate I first made it in July 1993!

Over the years, I've added notes like: Delicious even with 1 1/2 cups of oats and 1/2 cup of flour, instead of one cup of each...







This time I made the quickbread in muffin tins. I plan to freeze most of them, thawing them individually to eat as a special treat.

As colder weather approaches, I sometimes long for the comfort foods I enjoyed before I paid attention to my carb intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment