Friday, November 30, 2018

A Lemon a Day...

My mother strongly believed that an apple a day kept the doctor away...

A doctor I saw recently recommended drinking a glass of warm water with lemon juice in it every morning... (though I can't now remember why...!)

What about lemon juice from a bottle? I asked.

No, she replied... The juice of a real lemon - in a glass of warm water...

So I've bought a bag of lemons and I'm giving it a try: Will I feel better? Will my fasting blood sugar readings go down? Will I magically lose excess weight?!

Any - or all - of these results would be great!





After drinking my warm, unsweetened lemonade, I cut up the rind of the lemon and add it to a pitcher of water - to drink for the rest of the day...

I think of all the other natural "wonders" I've tried over the years - aloe vera, green tea, coconut oil, avocado, apple cider vinegar, to name a few...

I'm sure they're all beneficial... But apart from apple cider vinegar - which I credit with keeping me cold-free for two years,  none made a dramatic impact on my health, as far as I could see.

But... (like my mother before me) the possibility of better health keeps me ever hopeful and ready to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment