Monday, November 19, 2018

Back to Buechner!

Frederick Buechner is one of my favorite Christian writers...

His autobiographical books are fascinating: His family never attended church, yet he was drawn to the church...










Eventually he even studied to become a Presbyterian minister - though he spent most of his career working as a writer and teacher.

Has he written anything recently? I asked myself not long ago - and discovered that he had!







In this recent one, The Remarkable Ordinary, he revisits significant life experiences from an older perspective... 

He again touches on his father's suicide during the Great Depression - for him, a life-changing event...

I'm so glad I discovered this recent book! After I lend it to a few friends, I plan to read it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment