Friday, November 16, 2018

Pear and Parship Soup - Delicious!

I recently discovered the amazing deliciousness of Pear and Parsnip Soup!

It is also extremely simple to make...


  • Lightly fry one chopped onion and garlic in olive oil.
  • Add peeled and diced parsnips - I used a pound, because they come in one-pound bags where I shop.
  • Add 2 chopped pears... I didn't peel them.
  • Add 6-8 cups vegetable stock. (I used about 2 liters.)
  • Optional: Add a little thyme. (I didn't have any on hand the first time I made it - and it was still delicious!)
The recipe I linked to above mentions that apples can be used instead of pears... I haven't tried that yet.










Cook until the parsnips are soft. Then remove the soup from stove and blend it to a creamy consistency with an immersion blender.

Add milk or cream when serving. (I froze some of the soup before adding the  milk.)

Some of my chunks of pear and parsnip evaded my immersion blender. The soup still tasted great with a few pieces of fruit / vegetable in them.

No sugar is added - but the soup is sweet. It could be a healthy dessert...

So delicious! (If you like the flavor of pears.) A new personal favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment