Thursday, November 22, 2018

Books on Aging

From time to time, I pick up books on aging... I don't usually get too far into them before putting them down.

I recently borrowed this one from the library, Parker J. Palmer's latest book, On the Brink of Everything: Grace Gravity and Getting Old...

I was a little curious about the word "everything."

What does he mean...?

I guess I'd have to read the book to find out.








I read the introduction and the first few pages, before closing the book...

No! That's not what my brain wants to think about - though I sense the author optimistically shares my gratitude of still being around to appreciate each day.

(I'll return the book to the library early - a dozen readers have placed holds on it.)



But I did notice - as I put the book away, that the sky outside shared the book cover's color palate.

Beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment