Monday, November 12, 2018

Do I Need To Set a Few Goals?

The beauty of retirement is that one doesn't have to do anything... But that can be boring!

The book "Happier At Home" made me wonder if I shouldn't set a few more personal goals. (Would I be happier if I did?!)

I do have some long-term goals: using up all my yarn and my quilting fabrics, sorting through books and clothing to get rid of things I no longer want or need. Eating more veggies. Walking more. Posting something on my blog every day...

What are some things I'd like to do more of? Bake - thought it's hard to find delicious low-carb cookies and cakes. Travel...

Then there are things I should do... sometime... Like get rid of (perhaps sell?) my remaining 300 copies of my Write it Right! spelling workbooks...

... and my excess pottery. (I have boxes full in the basement.)

Hmmm. Goal setting involves setting a time frame...

But I don't really want to deal with deadlines!

The beauty of retirement is giving myself permission to do whatever I want whenever I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment