Sunday, June 3, 2018

How Do I Want to Spend My Time?!

One of the joys of retirement is being free to choose how I'll spend my time... (Which often involves asking myself: How busy do I want to be?)

Sometimes I think about my grandmother - my mother's mother, a woman raised on a farm, who kept busy all her life doing household chores. I never saw her go shopping just for fun. In fact, I rarely saw her do anything except cook and wash dishes, and occasionally knit socks or sit and read...

Did she worry about how productive she was (or wasn't) - something I often think about? (I don't want to lose my stamina or my joy of learning new things.)

In the book, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff and It's All Small Stuff, an interesting commentary on life, one chapter made me stop and think...

The chapter, entitled: "Remind Yourself that When You Die, Your "In Basket" Won't Be Empty," resonated with me in a special way. At first I didn't know why. Then I realized that somewhere along the line, I had placed a burden on myself to empty my "in basket"...








I don't want to be a starter who never finishes... but life is dynamic, ever changing!

Sometimes we start things and don't finish them - but someone else may enjoy finishing them... the way I had fun using up my mother's yarn to make boho bags!


No comments:

Post a Comment