Saturday, March 24, 2018

Crocheted Bag...

I receive regular emails from several online yarn stores that occasionally post free knitting patterns.

I wasn't planning any new crochet projects, but this pattern for crocheted shopping bags caught my eye...

I paid for a digital download... It was there a minute later! I was surprised how quickly it went.

I didn't purchase the yarn for the project. As I perused the pattern - I realized that I could probably use scraps I have around...


I accidentally modified the pattern a bit (because I don't read patterns all that carefully...!) It ended up a little wider than the pattern intends - but I'm really happy with the result.

The key feature of this pattern are using a mix of 3 yarns - one of which is non-stretchy. When changing color, change only one of the three colors at a time.

The non-stretchy yarn I used is thick synthetic carpet yarn that my mother dyed using onion skins back in her teaching days.










The other yarns were leftovers from a knit jacket I made years ago.

Part of the thrill - for me - is using up all these yarn scraps!

I'm not sure what I'll use the bag for... Shopping? Storing yarn?

But I plan to go back to the pattern and try again (and again?) until all my "chunky" yarn scraps are used up!

No comments:

Post a Comment