Sunday, March 4, 2018

Adding Value...

I often listen to a Joyce Meyer audio book while quilting.

(Our public library has quite a few.)

In one of her books (I don't remember which one) she talks about "adding value" to people's lives by encouraging and complimenting them,. Also by framing situations in a positive, hopeful light.
I'm not sure why it's more natural to be negative than positive... But I recognize that, for me, it is.

Does negative news, somehow, seem more important?!

When positive thoughts enter my mind, I sometimes just ignore them. How often have I been chatting with a friend and thought, Your outfit really looks good... That hairstyle really suits you... Yet said nothing?

I'm trying to be more attentive to those positive thoughts - and share them...

Hopeful words change the mood of everyone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment