Sunday, March 18, 2018

Aloe Vera - Inside and Out!

I remember back when the natural healing powers of aloe vera were first being talked about... My mother went to the health food store and bought a bottle of aloe juice to rub on her skin.

My father looked at it and took it a step further. Deciding that, if it was good for the outside of the body, it must also be good for his insides... He immediately began to drink a tablespoon of pure aloe juice every day.

I remember laughingly telling him that he was wrong! But it may well be that I'm the one who was in error!

Several dozen years later, I recently came across a magazine article touting aloe vera's medicinal value - that actually encouraged readers to use the plant's juice in food... (A "chocolate and aloe pudding recipe was even provided!)

I guess my father was ahead of his time!

(The article did go on to say that there are many kinds of aloe plants - and not all were good to eat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment