Monday, January 11, 2016

Winter Garden

In Germany, my relatives (my mother's cousins) had a sun-room filled with plants that they referred to as their "winter garden." It was their favorite place to eat breakfast, or have mid-afternoon coffee and cake.

I often think of my sunny sitting area as my "winter garden" - it has so many plants. I really appreciate the life and color they add, especially when the world outdoors is white...

I wish there were enough room to set up a little eating area! I'd have to totally rethink (and re-plan) this space to do that. My "winter garden" is full of books... and electronic devices... not to mention a desk and piano! (Theirs wasn't!) I do all my blogging, knitting and reading here... I don't want to lose that!
It's cluttered - but I do manage to find a tiny spot to put a cup of coffee!

Maybe I should just appreciate it as it is!


2 comments:

  1. That's quite a cup for coffee :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my coffee - but I'm easily distracted and it gets cold, so I keep it covered with a lid!

    ReplyDelete