Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Coriander

I never studied theology, but I do like to read about the history of the Christian faith.

I am slowly reading through a handbook to the Bible - and the other day, in a section about plants mentioned in the Bible, I came across the plant (and spice) "coriander."












 
I know it's used in Indian food. I even have some that came in a spice rack I bought. But I don't think I've ever used it.











I googled coriander and discovered it is sold in two forms - as seeds and as fresh leaves called cilantro, which I've never bought. I also noticed that coriander was traditionally thought to have medicinal benefits in helping control blood sugar and blood pressure.

Hmmm, time to give it a try...

I've started adding a few coriander seeds to soup - which I'm eating a lot of these days. It has a mild, flowery flavor.

I plan to try cilantro as well. If my blood sugar or blood pressure suddenly improve, that will be another blog post!


No comments:

Post a Comment